Barbara Hogan is a co-owner and chief culture officer of Afidence. Barbara envisioned a company built on honoring people. That vision formed Afidence, which comes from Latin for “joining in trust.” It’s a principle that Afidence team members live every day. As an INFJ, Barbara is creative, insightful, passionate, and altruistic. Her leadership embodies the heart and soul of Afidence.
FOUNDING TIMBELO, INC.
As Afidence has grown, an increasing number of clients want to buy product from the company. This year, Barbara formed a new company to provide product, in addition to other critical IT consulting and support offerings in a fair and honest manner. Timbelo, Inc. is a certified, 100% woman owned company. Barbara created timbelo, Inc. to empower your quest to leave a legacy of significance.
Afidence is built on a foundation of honesty, integrity, and relationships. In 2010, Barbara Hogan helped launch the company. Her background includes project management, people management, mentoring, and marketing. She is fundamental to the development of business strategy through marketing and employee relations. In the past, Barbara worked for GE Aviation, P&G through American Computer Repair, and Ray and Barney Group. She graduated from Olivet Nazarene University with Bachelor of Science degree in psychology and social justice.
Barbara has compelling passion for impacting others and improving lives. Whether in the realm of her personal or professional life there is no distinction—people are important. She has a strong sense of integrity, bold thought leadership, and deep respect for others.
“When you truly believe that your business is about people,” explains Barbara, "And offer an environment of respect, trust, and excellence, then everything else just falls into place.”
LEADING A COMPANY BUILT ON TRUST
Barbara’s integrity, strong business acumen, and industry leadership continue to define the culture at Afidence. She helped develop company core competencies, which optimize organizational growth and community impact.
Barbara’s vision centers on honoring people through respect, integrity, and quality. She believes trust flourishes when people are respected and valued.
In November 2015, Barbara was a recipient and honoree of Venue and LEAD Magazine’s “Women of Influence” Award. In the fall of 2015, Mason Deerfield Chamber invited Barbara to join their Lifting Women's Leaders as a discussion panelist for their kickoff event. The event featured four women leaders representing different industry sectors within the Chamber membership. Barbara represented the business sector.
VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE AND CAUSES
Committee Member: MADE (Mason Deerfield Chamber)
- November 2015 – Present
- Lifting Women Leaders is a program advocating for powerful leadership for women through mentoring, relationship, and connection.
Prayer & Prophetic Ministry Director: Life Church West Chester
- March 2015 – Present
- Prayer touches the very heart of God. In conjunction with Prophecy, prayer changes the atmosphere, direction, and people's lives. When done to honor God while edifying, exhorting, and consoling others, both are powerful forces of miraculous change.
Board of Directors: The Underground
- February 2013 – February 2015 (2 years 1 month)
- The Underground “provides a relevant and innovative environment for teens and the community to encounter the character of God through experiences in music, media and faith.”
- The organization helps young people become tomorrow’s media professionals and media missionaries.
Board of Directors: MADE Chamber
- January 2011 – March 2013 (2 years 3 months)
- MADE (the Mason Deerfield Chamber) helps create a positive business environment.
- The organization strives to connect local companies and stimulate economic growth for the community.
"BE THE BLESSING."
As an INFJ, Barbara is creative, insightful, passionate and altruistic. She has strong convictions, which she uses to empower others. Her mission is to make a world a better place one person at the time. She has the ability to resolve both technical and human challenges with a high level of care, will power, and kindness. She loves God and people. Whether through her words or actions, she inspires all to remember to “Be the blessing.”